Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  buzzcen@a...
buzzcen@a...
Date:  Sun Sep 30, 2001  8:16 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] A question of register

In a message dated 9/30/2001 2:27:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
ihateegroups@y... writes:
ihateegroups@y... writes:

> I have to disagree, Mike. I am a soprano, but I sang
> alto in choir for many years, using chest voice all
> the way up and it had some nasty results - a weak head
> voice, and a horrible break between chest and head. It
> took me many years to develop my lower head voice so I
> could sing between middle C and the G a fifth higher
> with any kind of resonance, and I still have a bit of
> a break which is gradually getting better. I have two
> suggestions:

That's because you did not learn how to get out of your chest voice without a
break, and pulled your chest past your first bridge would be (bflat4) when
coming out of chest. Your weak head voice in that case was not head at all
but something resembling female falsetto.

Randy Buescher

emusic.com