Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Fri Sep 28, 2001  9:27 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] I am a late starter

In a message dated 09/28/2001 4:12:49 PM Central Daylight Time,
mightymezzo@h... writes:
mightymezzo@h... writes:

<< Take it from someone who was BORN with a big voice (according to my
parents!), that rich mellow sound comes with its own set of challenges. I
usually compare it to walking a very large dog. >>

That's a good one, Elizabeth - I just told one of my big-voiced students it
was like having naturally curly hair - you don't really appreciate it until
you're in your 30s. (At least I didn't, since when I was in my teens,
everyone had long straight hair parted down the middle and I had a wiry mop
than I couldn't tame.) By then, you know what you need to do to get it under
control!!

Chris

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI