Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
"Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Fri Sep 28, 2001  2:56 pm
Subject:  I am a late starter

Hi all

I found this list believe it or not by doing a web search on "head tone" and
it is for that reason that I post. I am 31...a late starter (I have had voice
before) taking opera privately...and I find that I am having a great deal of
trouble with head tone. I am a mezzo...and I am doing all the beginners
arias...Se tu m'ami and Caro mio ben etc....I am so frustrated because my head
tone doesn't sound rich and lovely it sounds cold and shrill and strained....I
know rich head tone is possible...I mean just listen to Cecilia bartoli do Caro
Mio Ben...it's rich and lovely...my head tone is horrible and to be honest I am
not even sure I have head tone most of the time...last night after a marathon
practice my speaking voice was just all over the place..cracking and
hoarse...and I know that cannot be good. I do not seem to be able to really
make the change back to chest tone...everything seems to break down when I go
from a C back down to an A. the notes just come undone.

I am positive this is the bain of the beginner....but I need some help. Could
anyone recommend any books or other materials I could purchase that would help?
My vocal coach has been telling me think Mickey Mouse for head tone...and
well...I am...but my head tone (if I have even been doing a head tone) is so
shrill...

Anyway...help!

Lea Ann

"Wouldn't it be much worse if life really
were fair and all the terrible things that
happen to us happen because we really
deserve them?"
-J Michael Straczynski.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
14254 Re: I am a late starter sopran@a...   Fri  9/28/2001   4 KB
14256 Re: I am a late starter Karena Aslanian   Fri  9/28/2001   3 KB
14260 HELP: That elusive high B Karen Mercedes   Fri  9/28/2001   5 KB
14270 Re: HELP: That elusive high B Vicki Bryant   Sat  9/29/2001   2 KB
14257 Re: I am a late starter Elizabeth Finkler   Fri  9/28/2001   4 KB
14261 Re: I am a late starter Karen Mercedes   Fri  9/28/2001   3 KB
14258 Re: I am a late starter Mezzoid@a...   Fri  9/28/2001   2 KB
14259 Re: I am a late starter peggyh@i...   Fri  9/28/2001   3 KB
14262 Re: I am a late starter Lea Ann   Fri  9/28/2001   2 KB

emusic.com