Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Stephan Gouws <baud1011@w...>
Date:  Sun Sep 23, 2001  10:52 pm
Subject:  Bon Jovi..

I think I read something about this being an opera group, but hey, you folks
seem really good at all voice-related stuff so I'll post my question and let's
see what turns up.

Thing is, I'm interested in Rock Singing (if anyone know of a group
specifically for that, please tell me..) and I just don't know of any better
singer
than Jon Bon Jovi. If you'd do yourself the favour of listening to their "Cross
Roads" album, you'll hear what I mean. His voice is NEVER 'weak' which
characterises the male 'falsetto' register when males start singing higher
(and Hell he sings high).

This is, does he go to head voice or does he stay in chest voice and force out
those notes or what does he do ?

And then on other thing... I can't help it, but after a while my throat hurst
when I
sing in my top register for long. Now, I'm reading up every possible piece of
information I can lay my hands on (if anyone can point me to a good online
source of information I'll be very grateful) and I think it's cos my neck/throat
etc
muscles are tight when I sing. The thing is.. I can't STOP my larynx from
moving up !! I just can't.
Now I read in some other post that that could be the result of trying to stay
in
chest voice too long when I should have shifted to head voice, but, my head
voice register sounds just like a girl, man ! (by the way, I'm 16, almost 17,
male and my voice broke like two years ago). There's no power.
Are there any exercises I could do ? Any recommendations ?

Thanks for this great group and I hope I'm at the right place :))

Cheers, Stephan.

***Message Scanned By Wam Virus Wall***

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
14205 Re: Bon Jovi..Greypins@a...   Mon  9/24/2001