Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Fiona Chow" <fionat@i...>
Date:  Sat May 6, 2000  4:48 am
Subject:  Arias for young sopranos

Dear list,

Someone a looooonnnng time ago on Vocalist posted a list of arias that young
sopranos could learn. I believe the age we used was under 25. Needless to
say, I've lost this post, but now am really curious about what people would
consider appropriate for a younger singer to learn. I am very conscious
about NOT singing rep that is too big for me. Although I certainly do have
coloratura capabilities (with good flexibility and fairly high extension), I
also have a strong middle and bottom register which makes people think that
I will day probably be a full lyric. Things that I have worked on with a
fair amount of success lately include Dido's lament (i know, it's meant for
mezzos, but...), Piangero la sorte mia from Handel's Giulio Cesare, Ach ich
fuhls, Bel Raggio Lunsinghier from Rossini's Semiramide (this one was a real
hit) and Una Voce Poco fa. For now, I'll sing anything, so long as it is
SAFE. All suggestions welcome!

Fiona

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1441 Re: Arias for young sopranos Isabelle Bracamonte   Sun  5/7/2000   2 KB

emusic.com