Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Fri Sep 21, 2001  2:49 am
Subject:  prince hal becomes Henry V

it seems in some of our lives, we are presented with a challenge that
defines us. until that moment, we seem to flounder aimlessly. until the
tragic events of last week, i really had no idea what president bush was all
about. i had been a ralph nader supporter yet, i voted for al gore (the
implication is obvious).

tonight, during his speech, i believed everything president bush said.
more importantly, i believed in everything he said. there is much to be
said for straight and to the point. i think it beats eloquent any time
especially, if my life depends on it. maybe i'll ultimately be disappointed
but, i'd be 100% surprised if i were. a few months ago, we were discussing
that famous quote from goethe about the nature of commitment. for those of
you who are unfamiliar with that quote, it says that when you make a
commitment, it seems as if the forces of the universe come to the aid of your
cause. aid comes unexpected and in the most peculiar forms.

as the subject heading suggests, 'george w.' has become president bush.
he has my support, 100%. i don't expect him to be perfect, i just know
whatever he does is far better than anything i could ever think of.

mike

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
14175 Re: prince hal becomes Henry V sopran@a...   Fri  9/21/2001   3 KB
14183 Re: Another Goethe quote [WAS:prince hal becomes John Link   Fri  9/21/2001   2 KB
14176 Re: prince hal becomes Henry V Erica Zweig   Fri  9/21/2001   3 KB

emusic.com