Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Sat May 6, 2000  1:46 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Cassette recorder for singing?

On Fri, 5 May 2000 roses41usa@n... wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good cassette recorder (under $100 if
> possible!) that I can use when I practice?

I just bought a very good, inexpensive one at Radio Shack - it's their
Optimus VOX Voice Activated Cassette Recorder (Model # CTR-117).

It has much better high and low end frequencies than my older cheapy
model.

I've even used it, successfully, for recording concerts, albeit with a
fairly expensive high quality microphone.

Indeed, the microphone you use is really more important than the recorder
itself. I would suggest investing in a good mike if you're ever planning
to record performances and not just lessons. The one I have is a Peavey
PVM 80 Cardioid Dynamic which cost me about $100 three years ago.

Karen
-----
Ich singe, wie der Vogel singt,
Der in den Zweigen wohnet;