Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  sopran@a...
sopran@a...
Date:  Thu Sep 13, 2001  3:46 pm
Subject:  America the Beautiful

Dear Listers,

Most of us aren't in a position to do a great deal about Tuesday's tragic
events. We can donate to the Red Cross or give blood, but unless we have
specific capabilities--medical or search & rescue, it's frustrating to have
to stand by the sidelines as others risk their lives.

I'd like to suggest that the Vocalist sponsor a coast-to-coast, or around the
world simultaneous sing-in of, say, America the Beautiful to demonstrate our
solidarity and our dedication to the principles that have made this country
great.

We could furnish the lyrics and if need be the music on line.

Vocalisters could organize public sing-ins in their own communities, and
possibly take collections for the families of those who lost their lives.

It's just an idea, but I think it has potential.

What say you?

Judy

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
14106 Re: America the Beautiful Karen Mercedes   Thu  9/13/2001   2 KB
14111 Re: America the Beautiful sopran@a...   Thu  9/13/2001   3 KB
14119 Re: America the Beautiful Margaret Harrison   Fri  9/14/2001   2 KB

emusic.com