Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Domisosing@a...
Domisosing@a...
Date:  Wed Sep 12, 2001  3:20 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Timely words

Folks,

It has been an enormously frightening and emotional day for all of us, and
many of us turn to faith to help cope with the fear and sadness we feel.

However, may I remind all of us, that pointing a finger at anyone, including
one's faith, or lack thereof, in God, or a God, is counterproductive to this
list and to us as a whole.

As someone who has had scriptures used against me as manipulative and abusive
tools, there is little comfort in having them expressed as reasons, excuses,
or premonitions for the tragedy that occurred to day.

Prayers,
Mary Beth Felker

emusic.com