Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Fri Sep 7, 2001  6:08 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Against All Arts: Elusive Health Insurance Antagonizes America...

In a message dated 9/7/2001 1:46:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Axwell@a...
writes:

<< I certainly would not hold it
against anyone who married for money to further an operatic career. >>

and, axwell, in some cultures the arranged marriage is the norm. in
this country, one of the most common causes of divorce is money woes. in
the cultures where arranged marriages are the norm, they realize that
marriage, essentially, is a partnership and, the business end of that
partnership, is essential for survival, particularly in poorer countries.
basing a partnership on a gas like infatuation is not only foolish but
dangerous.

after eleven years of marriage, my wife and i have come to appreciate the
complimentary qualities in the other. i certainly appreciate her
practicality and she appreciates my (at least, to her) entertaining
foolishness. long gone are the initial feelings we probably don't even
remember accurately. gone too, are the unrealistic expectations that the
other is going to suddenly change those annoying qualities we never liked and
finally become perfect.

marrying someone for deceptive reasons is not right either but, if
someone know that they are being married partly for money, they know and
wouldn't go into it unless, there was something they needed as well.

mike

emusic.com