Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Fri May 5, 2000  6:17 pm
Subject:  NYCO vs. the MET

About the "glass ceiling" thing -- there have been
singers launched at NYCO (like Sam Ramey), but I can't
think of any in recent days.

I've always heard that Lauren Flanigan is a
Met-quality voice, but because she's been singing all
her leading roles for NYCO has never been asked to
sing "across the street."

Or maybe she was asked once but not asked back... I'm
not sure how the politics of the two companies work
out.

I'm all fuzzy about it. If anyone has more
information, it's a very interesting topic.

Isabelle B.

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte
San Francisco, CA
ibracamonte@y...

1400 Re: NYCO vs. the MET Ricciardi, Rick   Fri  5/5/2000   3 KB
1401 Re: NYCO vs. the MET O'Connell, Kathleen R.   Fri  5/5/2000   4 KB
1422 Re: NYCO vs. the MET ODivaTina@a...   Sat  5/6/2000   2 KB
1450 Re: NYCO vs. the MET Xise@a...   Sun  5/7/2000   2 KB

emusic.com