Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Date:  Fri Sep 7, 2001  4:59 am
Subject:  Request for good stuff in SAB arrangements

Hi everyone.
I am in a chamber music class where I am paired with a
soprano and a mezzo-ish soprano, so we're pretty much
an SAB group. We are supposed to find some of our own
music and our prof will give us some too. My question
is: Can anyone point us in a direction to find good
arrangements in SAB. So far all we've been able to
find are songs that were done for middle school choirs
and the like. We've found a few things, but the
overwhelming majority has been very simple and not
very fulfilling. We are allowed to pick any type of
music as long as it's not, in the words of our prof,
"crap". Personally, I would count crap as touchy
feely 70s songs or bubble gum songs about feeling the
music inside you. No offense to anyone who has sung,
liked, or composed that kind of music, but I had
plenty of that in 7th grade choir. We are also
allowed to pick from Oratorio, opera, operetta and
musical theatre. Any suggestions on specific rep or
where we can go for SAB material would be extremely
appreciated.

As always, Thank you very much.

Trevor

13988 Re: Request for good stuff in SAB arrangements Karen Mercedes   Fri  9/7/2001   2 KB

emusic.com