Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Wed Sep 5, 2001  1:04 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] hiatus hernia and the vanished head voice

Hi Linda,

Sorry to hear that you're having loads of trouble!!
I'm interested in this acid thing, 'coz I've never
ever come across it, apart from this list!! Maybe I'm
lucky!!!

I will say one thing tho'. Breath management will have
little to do with a hernia. By God, you will always be
aware of it, of course. But the reason for bad breath
management is larynygeal. No more, no less. That's
what I think you need to re-address. If the cords are
blown apart with loads of gas, you'll have no air to
do what you need to do. And if you can't sing quietly,
then you just shouldn't!! It's a hard one that, but
it's the truth! I think it was Melba who said, "If you
can't sing your highest notes pianissimo, then you
shouldn't sing them at all!" I'd be dead interested to
know what you perceive to produce a tone.

Anyway, I digress!! The real reason for this post was
to ask a lister how the acid thing feels. . .

I look forward to hearing about it.

Ian Voice wrecker to the stars!