Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "nancy clasby" <nturnage@h...>
"nancy clasby" <nturnage@h...>
Date:  Tue Sep 4, 2001  2:16 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Cover Letters for Singers/slogans/signatures

Michael E.,
There are whole tomes written on handwriting analysis, including signatures.
Much of it rings surprisingly true!

Judy,
At a resume-writing workshop I attended a few years back, it was suggested
that a "personal" or "hobbies" paragraph be added, along the lines of "my
specialty is exploring bodegas in my Hispanic neighborhood" or "I am a
Chinese checkers enthusiast. I learned from my grandmother, who is an
expert"... in short, anything that gives a sidelight on how you might choose
to spend some of your free moments and which presents you as a human, fun,
or interesting personality.
My examples aren't the greatest, but you get the idea.

Regards,
Nancy C.