Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Tue Sep 4, 2001  1:45 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] hiatus hernia and the vanished head voice

Dear Linda and Vocalisters:

Sorry to hear of your condition but pleased that you better know what
has caused your symptoms and that you are now doing something about
it (losing weight). I know singers who have a hatial (hiatus) hernia
condition and have not only been able to continue singing
successfully but maintained a performance career.

Many vocalisters may not be familiar with the condition you describe.
I have included two sites which might help others find information.

A simple explanation of hiatus hernia can be found at:
http://www.nevdgp.org.au/ginf2/murtagh/general/hiatushernia.htm

A more detailed and excellent description and treatment URL is on the
Mayo Clinic site. Do a search for Hiatal hernia on this site.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/home?id=10.1
--
Lloyd W. Hanson, DMA
Professor of Voice and Vocal Pedagogy, Emeritus

emusic.com