Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Rachel Parker" <despina@p...>
Date:  Sat Sep 1, 2001  4:41 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Anybody see "Little Women" on PBS?

Hi Peggy,

I videotaped and watched most of the broadcast, having received my
"heads-up" e-mail from Houston Grand Opera. This was a book I dearly loved
in my youth. I thought the story was adeptly presented and found the voices
wonderful. I didn't watch the whole thing (OK, I switched over to watch
"Family Guy") but thoroughly enjoyed what I saw. My favorite part was Jo's
initial aria ("Unbake the pies, unknit the mittens, etc.").

The world premiere of Mark Adamo's next work, "Lysistrata" was originally on
the HGO schedule for this season -- part of what inspired me to buy season
tickets -- but was recently dropped because the work "isn't quite ready."
Drats. Apparently we'll have to wait until March 2003.

I'll make a point of watching my tape this weekend, seeing as there's a huge
pile of rain lingering over the city for this festive Labor Day...

Rachel