Vocalist.org archive

From:  gwyee@r...
gwyee@r...
Date:  Tue Aug 28, 2001  3:15 am
Subject:  Re: Strohbass--was Fach this Vocal Identity Crisis!

At 04:23 PM 8/27/01 -0000, Tako Oda wrote:
>temporary/files/ called strohbass.wav. This is the sound I mean when
>I'm talking about Strohbass. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I *think* this
>is what it is. It used to be a much fuller sound - I haven't sung
>this way in years (now that I sing in a totally different range).

Boy, what an awful sound!---like something out of a Noh play, or the kind of
sound we used to make as kids to mimic that old "InnerSanctum" radio play
[along with a wicked laugh]; the kind of sound to scare small children and
puppies, and an octave lower than I can imagine. No, not at all the kind of
low notes I was trying to make which were both pressed and "airy". Did you
reeeeaaaallllly try to sing that way? Wow!

GWendel, dT

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13858 Re: Strohbass--was Fach this Vocal Identity Cris Tako Oda   Tue  8/28/2001   2 KB

emusic.com