Vocalist.org archive

From:  Lana Mountford <lana@a...>
Lana Mountford <lana@a...>
Date:  Sun Aug 26, 2001  6:49 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: ROAD MUSIC recommendations/movie recommendation

Howdy!

Naomi Gurt Lind wrote:

> Lana, I know you've already made your choices, but if there's an impulse
> buy in your future, I'd like to suggest either the soundtrack of "O
> Brother, where art thou?" or that of "Down from the Mountain." They
> contain essentially the same repertoire but different performances.

I have it! That is, I have "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" on DVD and the
soundtrack on CD. I loved that movie (along with all the other Coen
Brothers classics: Fargo, Raising Arizona, Barton Fink, etc.). And
yes, it's already in the stack I'm taking along. (The list I posted the
other day was just the new stuff I've ordered -- I've got a list about
twice that long of stuff I already have that I'm taking along. I figure
6 CDs per day, 45 days -- I could listen to lots of music!) :-)

<< snip >>

> The movie also includes some enjoyable backstage scenes, including one that
> is of particular resonance to me. Turns out Emmylou Harris is a baseball
> fan, as I am, and she has this fantastic gizmo that enables her to catch up
> on all the baseball scores in real time. It beeps when something important
> happens... I'm combing the stores now for one of my own!!!

My internet-enabled cell phone does that. :-)

> Go Yankees!
> Naomi

Go MARINERS!!!!!!! ;-)

Lana

--
Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13846 Re: ROAD MUSIC recommendations John Link   Sun  8/26/2001   2 KB

emusic.com