Vocalist.org archive

From:  Leslie Jones <LJones@s...>
Leslie Jones <LJones@s...>
Date:  Thu Aug 23, 2001  6:16 pm
Subject:  Animaniacs (was Re: ROAD MUSIC recommendations)

Pat Smith wrote:
>A very FUN CD for road trips, if you can still find it, is: "Yakko's
>World" by the Animaniacs on Kid Rhino label. Having some familiarity with
>the cartoon helps with the "in" jokes but lots of funny stuff set to
>familiar music, nonetheless.

I see I'm not the only fan of the Animaniacs cartoons (one of the Warner
Bros. animation studios' more recent contributions)! Extremely clever (on
many levels), and the musical theatre send-ups are howlingly funny -- exact
songs, with intervals inverted but recognizable rhythms and lyrics that are
usually somewhat tied in with the originals. Most definitely not just for
the kids!

Leslie J.
Fan of Warner Bros. cartoons in general

Leslie Jones, D.M.A.; contralto