Vocalist.org archive

From:  Leslie Jones <LJones@s...>
Leslie Jones <LJones@s...>
Date:  Tue Aug 21, 2001  7:09 pm
Subject:  Re: Job Postings

Hi, folks -- I was out of town most of the summer and am just now beginning
to get caught up on Vocalist mail....

and Jeffrey Snider wrote:

>Check out the College Music Society at
>
>www.music.org
>
>The Music Vacancy Lists costs money, but if you really need a job,
>it's worth it. Also, Indiana University Placement Office has free
>listings, but I have found them to be less than comprehensive.
>Eastman, Peabody, New England, etc. all have placement services
>online. Some cost, some are for alumni only, but all are worth
>checking out!

I have one other suggestion, although now as thorough in its listings as
the CMS Music Vacancy List. The Chronicle of Higher Education also has job
listings, but it's expensive, either by paper or website
subscription. However, there is a section called "Site Sampler" where you
can read selected articles and read the previous week's listings, which are
usually still quite current and in time to meet deadlines. I just checked
to see if that still worked (one of my tools when I was last searching 2-3
years ago), and if you enter through the Site Sampler page
(http://www.chronicle.com/free/), you should be able to navigate to these
listings -- click on "Jobs", then on "Faculty Positions", then on
"Humanities", then on "Music". Convoluted, but for free job listings,
worth the effort.

Best of luck!
Leslie J.

Leslie Jones, D.M.A.; contralto