Vocalist.org archive

From:  Michael Eckford <michaelb@y...>
Michael Eckford <michaelb@y...>
Date:  Tue Aug 21, 2001  8:37 am
Subject:  Re: group vocal warmup

Naomi Gurt Lind wrote:

> ...humming
> massage...it explicitly unites the physical and the vocal, and it creates a
> feeling of ensemble and community...Any other
> creative and consensual massage is possible....any notes or just random sighs
> and sirens, whatever the
> individual voice and body needs in the moment. The whole room is humming
> and either massaging or being massaged.

Hello Naomi,

Thank you so much for your entire great response to my post and to all of you
who have so kindly responded so far! There is a certain um, holistic tone
about the above, that particularly "resonates" with me, puns intended...?!
Anything to "create community", on so many levels... Now, to get the whole
planet massaging/being massaged... Yikes, I'm about to get banished to the
"Backstage" list again...:o)

I actually used to incorporate a similar kind of massage thing with our group
warmup, but I have always unfortunately felt and still feel under time
constraints in our show to do more stuff like this, including the various
dance/movement ideas that have been raised... Hmm... the sound of an introvert
with a loud voice thinking in cyberspace...:o) Maybe I'll see what our
producers/cast would think of expanding the warmup time...

Blessings.

Michael

Michael Eckford
Green Eccentric Introvert With Loud Voice
Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
http://www.angelfire.com/me/interdependence/

emusic.com