Vocalist.org archive

From:  Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Date:  Mon Aug 20, 2001  3:37 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] ROAD MUSIC recommendations . . .

> > If you don't have one, find a friend with a CD
> burner
> > and a fast internet connection, download all your
> > favorite songs, then put them onto a CD.
>
> Isn't this a violation of the artists' copyrights???

You could look at it that way. However, I have to say
that despite being able to download songs, I still
purchase CDs, and have actually purchased CDs I
wouldn't have otherwise because I've been exposed to
music I wouldn't have purchased without being able to
sample it first (there's something to be said for try
before you buy). It's also perfectly legal to burn
compilation CDs from CDs you already own.

Jennifer