Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Leslie Jones" <LJones@s...>
Date:  Thu May 4, 2000  7:30 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Virus alert

sopran@a... wrote:

>The virus reveals itself in an e-mail. The subject of the e-mail is I LOVE
>YOU.
>
>The body of the e-mail message will read: Kindly check the attached
>LOVELETTER coming from me. The name of the infectious attachment is
>LOVE-LETTER-FOR YOU.TXT.
>
> The size of the attachment is 1037kb.

I tend to be highly skeptical of virus alerts, since most of them claim
that a virus can be "caught" simply by opening an e-mail, which really can't
happen. This one, however, seems more credible, since it specifies that it
is the *attachment* that is infected. Good rule of thumb: don't open
*attachments* from anyone you don't know, and even if you *do* know the
sender, scan the attachments with an up-to-date virus checker before opening
them. Scary world, huh? Thanks for the heads-up!

Leslie J.

Leslie Jones, D.M.A.; Contralto
Dept. of Music, Southeast Missouri State Univ.
LJones@s... - (573) 651-2339

emusic.com