Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Fri Aug 17, 2001  11:33 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Is it just a quiet week in Lake Wobegon or what?

Don't I *wish* (for the vacation, not Code Red)! No, there's just a lot
going on at the moment, and not much to do with singing. I'm coping with
some upset and $$$ anxieties at my "real job," a dot-net that's still
hanging on by the fingernails, thank G*d.

Last weekend, I took the plunge and started studying at the Voice Factory in
San Francisco, a training site for aspiring voice actors. With a little
luck, I may get some commercial or audiobook work. (Heck, if Eleanor
Roosevelt could do commercials, there's no reason I should be too proud for
that!) And, now that I'm pretty well recovered from that nasty nasty summer
cold, I've got to get cracking and prepare for my first East Coast audition
on September 8. Love those Expedia Bargain Fares.

Good luck with your new church gig, Karen! I like singing for the
Episcopalians myself, but chacun a son gout! And yes, I do sometimes feel a
little "fired up" after a performance. Trouble is, I generally have to make
do with Don Juan el Gato Magnifico y Hermoso de Finkler and his sandpaper
kisses. ;-)

Elizabeth Finkler
Sunnyvale, California
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo

"Sing for your supper, and you'll have breakfast. Songbirds always eat.
(If their song is sweet to hear.)" --Lorenz Hart, "The Boys from Syracuse"