Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Fri Aug 17, 2001  5:40 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Russell Watson

Well, I think it was Judy who said, "If he has such an
incredible vocal endowment, why can't he sing without
a microphone?" I must say I'm inclined to agree.

Russell is perceived in the UK by musicians as making
a quick buck. The general public have taken Russell to
their hearts (much as they have with Lesley Garrett)
but he hardly sings in the correct keys, and he's
putting his instrument under terrific pressure. A
club/cabaret tenor is not the same as an operatic one,
and I'm afraid it's all fake. It's a shame because I
think alot of people are being duped, and, having seen
Russell interviewed relatively recently, he's
beginning to believe his own publicity. O dear, the
decline has set in already!!!!!

All best wishes,

Ian Voice wrecker to the stars!