Vocalist.org archive

From:  Michelle Albert <drama_diva_au@y...>
Michelle Albert <drama_diva_au@y...>
Date:  Sun Aug 12, 2001  3:11 pm
Subject:  Names for less-than-admired singers

HI everyone, I have been part of the list now for a
couple of months, and am enjoying all your
contributions immensely. At last, as a singer and
especially teacher of singing, I don't feel quite so
alone anymore. Australia is SUCH a long way from the
"northern hemisphere" and as such we tend to be
somewhat isolated musically. I "lurk", LOL, and don't
even know if this is going to post, but it's worth a
try.

Anyhoo, my favourite disparaging remark, is
"testicular tenor". I'm sure you've all heard this
type. The ones who sadly make you feel SO
uncomfortable listening to them, as if their, ahem,
family jewels, are caught in a vice! I cannot stand
having to listen to these unfortunate men, who because
they are tenors still sing anyway, thinking they have
a god given right to torture us all.

I look forward to participating more actively. Thanks
so much for your lively, informative and educational
e-group message board, it's great to be a part of your
community.

-Michelle

=====
Reality is just a figment of your imagination.

- Find the perfect gift for your Dad for Father's Day

emusic.com