Vocalist.org archive

From:  Erica Zweig <ezweig@e...>
Erica Zweig <ezweig@e...>
Date:  Fri Aug 10, 2001  11:35 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] I was a Soprano for a night ;)

Quoting Lana Mountford <lana@a...>:

> "I've had two weird dreams around singing and
music..."

Dear Lana,
A few years ago, I had a week where, coming
together at the same time, several of my begining piano
students were coincidentally learning about 8th notes,
as was one of my younger voice students, preparing the
theme from Pocohontas--mostly 8th notes.
By the end of the week, I must have had 8th notes on the
brain because I had a dream, very much like the pails of
water in the Sorcerer's Apprentice, where 8th notes came
at me through doorways and windows and would hit me in
the face and bounce off of me and crawl all over me as
they multiplied endlessly. I awoke in both horror and
relief! But I never forgot it.
No question the extent to which we become involved in
our musical endeavors!!!
Sweet dreams, everyone. --Erica

emusic.com