Vocalist.org archive

From:  Lana Mountford <lana@a...>
Lana Mountford <lana@a...>
Date:  Fri Aug 10, 2001  10:50 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] I was a Soprano for a night ;)

I've had two weird dreams around singing and music:

1. Shortly after I started voice lessons (I started very late in life
-- age 43), I remember a dream where I was a **baritone**, singing a
performance of Il Barbiere di Siviglia as (of course) Figaro -- and
somehow I knew *all* the words to Largo al factotum, in Italian, at
tempo. VERY strange, since I'd only heard it a few times on one of
those "Mad about Opera"-type CDs.

2. When I was in my early 20s and still in college, I was active in the
drama department appearing mostly in musicals (chorus). I recall a
dream where I dreamed an entire new musical, from overature to curtain
calls, based on Dickens' "The Old Curiosity Shop," which I'd read in
junior high 10 years earlier. I dreamed solos, chorus numbers (with
choreography!), sets, costumes, etc. Unfortunately, when I woke up, I
could only remember about half of one chorus number, and some of the
sets and costumes. Weird, huh?

Cheers!

Lana

--
Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13679 Re: I was a Soprano for a night ;) Erica Zweig   Fri  8/10/2001   3 KB

emusic.com