Vocalist.org archive

From:  Erica Zweig <ezweig@e...>
Erica Zweig <ezweig@e...>
Date:  Fri Aug 10, 2001  10:42 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Names for less-than-admired singers (was Aria Competition)

Quoting Lee Morgan <LMorgan923@t...>:
"...I kind of felt like I was watching a
live version of the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show."

Lee,
Perhaps your faculty baritone thought: "take me to your
fearless lieder." Ouch.
Which reminds me, too, of finally getting the punchline,
in the middle of a college music history class, that the
name Boris Badenov was not merely based on the
character's being the bad-enough villain, but a poke at
the opera Boris Gudenov (sp?)!!!
Bravos to Bullwinkle and Rocket J. Squirrel--not to
mention their creators.
--Erica
> Lee Morgan
> Mezzo-soprano

singers (was Aria

verdirules@h... writes:
verdirules@h... writes:

> << the hair-dryer who didn't handle "Che bel il sogno
di Doretta" >>

> LOL! That's one I hadn't heard! ;-)
>
> There used to be a woman (another soprano, who
actually got hired a lot)
> that
> I called the cheese grater. It always sounded to me
like she was shredding
> something!
>
> Then there was the "Waring blender" who sounded like a
blender set to
> puree,
> and
> the "fruit fly," who had a very tiny voice that sort
of hovered around the
> pitch but never quite landed anywhere...
>
> Anyone else have favorite "nicknames" for
less-than-admired fellow singers?

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/