Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Tracy" <maddy_t11@y...>
"Tracy" <maddy_t11@y...>
Date:  Wed Aug 8, 2001  9:20 pm
Subject:  new kid on the block

Hello everyone. I am new here, and looking for some advice. I
graduated last April with my degree in Vocal Perf/Ped. and I still do
not have a vocal studio. I know, I know. Believe me, I know... I've
been working full time in the job I had during school to get me
through. It's been too hard to leave the benefits and the stability.
I also recently got married, so there have been many reasons for my
lack of "getting with the program." Anyway, excuses/disclaimers
aside, I am now feeling like my life and talent are being wasted. I
need to bring music back into my life, and I want to start teaching.
Now, that's actually quite intimidating at this point, because I've
lost a lot of my technique, and I don't feel all that adequate. I
have a lot of natural talent, and didn't really have to struggle with
problem after problem to achieve the sound I wanted. Good for me, not
so good for my potential students. I'm relatively unexperienced on
how to solve many problems that I know I will be presented with. You
see? Intimidating! :) Anyway, I'd love some pointers on how to get
started, how much to charge (I have been thinking about $15/lesson -
I'm in Utah), good books to read (I'm engrossing myself in the
Richard Miller book - again - forgot a lot after that class
final...), etc, etc, etc.

I sure appreciate it, and I wish you all a good voice day.

Thanks,
Tracy

EarlyMusik@a...
  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size