Vocalist.org archive

From:  promero@w...
promero@w...
Date:  Wed Aug 8, 2001  8:56 pm
Subject:  I was a Soprano for a night ;)

Last night I had a weird dream. I was in what seemed to be a
production of Le Nozze di Figaro -- my favorite opera (and my eternal
disappointment, considering the only role I could ever sing there
would be Don Basilio, and that's reserved for the older tenors), but
the interesting bit...
I was Susanna. I remember hearing my voice as that of a Soprano's,
and singing Susanna's "Deh Vieni"--- in German. Hehe. The interesting
part was that I remember undestanding everything, and knowing what I
was saying, especially one part where I remember thinking "and I
shall crown thy brow with kisses"...it was just weird, considering
the only languages I speak fluently are English, French and
Spanish... German's always been the thorn in my side---or tongue. I
remember that, and a delightful feeling of having achieved a good
artistic interpretation of the aria. Weird.

So I guess this opens up the topic: What weird or interesting dreams
related to your profession have YOU had? ;)

P.S: on the dream, a friend of mine jokingly said , when I told him
about the dream: "That means you either were a Soprano in a past
life, or you really envy the b!****s (censored out of respect for my
fellow friends the Sopranos, but the way he said it was hilarious)"

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13657 Re: I was a Soprano for a night ;) Tracy   Wed  8/8/2001   2 KB
13663 Re: I was a Soprano for a night ;) Greypins@a...   Thu  8/9/2001   2 KB
13675 Re: I was a Soprano for a night ;) Lee Morgan   Fri  8/10/2001   4 KB
13678 Re: I was a Soprano for a night ;) Lana Mountford   Fri  8/10/2001   3 KB
13679 Re: I was a Soprano for a night ;) Erica Zweig   Fri  8/10/2001   3 KB

emusic.com