Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Becca sabo" <Dementia3@h...>
"Becca sabo" <Dementia3@h...>
Date:  Tue Aug 7, 2001  4:58 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] school-paid accompanist???

Hello everyone,

I attend Ashland University and our music department just changed the
recital policy this year. Previously, we paid a flat fee around $220 for
voice lessons and our accompanist and recitals were free. We were just
informed that our recitals will cost $100 to help cover the accompanists
extra rehearsals and voice lessons will now be $250.

Our accompanist is assigned to us by whom our voice teacher. We have two
accompanists and three voice teachers, so it is difficult at times to find a
time that works for both accompanist and student. Students with recitals
always have first dibs.

Becca