Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Mon Aug 6, 2001  8:05 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] re: Female Composers/Librettists

And here's one that would surprise a lot of folks: Gretel's opening song
(Susie, little Susie) from "Hansel and Gretel." The libretto is by
Humperdinck's sister, Adelheid Wette.

Elizabeth Finkler
Sunnyvale, California
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo

"Sing for your supper, and you'll have breakfast. Songbirds always eat.
(If their song is sweet to hear.)" --Lorenz Hart, "The Boys from Syracuse"