Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Sat Aug 4, 2001  6:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] school-paid accompanist???

Robert Harris wrote:

> I know that the
> community colleges in the area all provide pianists for voice students.

Lucky you! In this area, community college students have to
raise money ourselves to pay for our chorus accompanist (or
if we're lucky, we can get some student activity money to
help), or accompanists for performance classes. In the case
of the classes, we chip in, as in a lab fee. For the
chorus, we do various fund-raising things that pay for the
accompanist and other performance expenses the Commonwealth
of Virginia won't pay for. I have to assume the 4-year
colleges and universities in the Commonwealth have similar
practices (though tuition is higher).

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...