Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Sat Aug 4, 2001  6:31 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: songs, intervals, holistic learning and such

Deal Diva Laura wrote:

> Well, I am pretty certain I hear the theme on occasion. But how can any of
> you consider yourselves old when you're only in your 40's? Good grief!
> I've barely turned 30 myself, but I certainly don't consider 47 old. Come
> to think of it, I'm really not sure at what age I would consider someone
> "old". I've met some 70+ people who are younger at heart than *I* am.

Having recently hit one of those big post-40 age mileposts,
I don't consider myself "old" in my head and heart - but in
my body, definitely yes, compared to my mid-late 30's (not
to mention my early 30's!). Post 45 I noticed physical
changes big-time, which add up every year. Fortunately, my
voice hasn't been affected, and I sing better than I ever
have, though I'm must be much more careful to conserve my
energy now than, say, 10 years ago.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...