Vocalist.org archive

From:  Robert Harris <lds@s...>
Robert Harris <lds@s...>
Date:  Fri Aug 3, 2001  11:43 pm
Subject:  school-paid accompanist???

Vocalizers:

The Music Department of the University that I'm entering this fall does not
provide accompanists for voice lessons, recitals or juries. Voice students
must provide, and pay for, a pianist for all these occasions. This seems
very strange (actually the term "cheap" comes to mind). I know that the
community colleges in the area all provide pianists for voice students.

Before I judge my new school too harshly, I'd like to find out if this
policy is typical of University music departments. Do other Music
departments usually provide accompanists for voice students? Or is my
school unusual in this regard.

Thanks for your response,

Bob Harris
San Diego

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13537 Re: school-paid accompanist??? Trevor Allen   Sat  8/4/2001   2 KB

emusic.com