Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Fri Aug 3, 2001  8:31 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Riggs/SLS

In a message dated 8/3/2001 12:37:32 PM Central Daylight Time,
info@g... writes:
info@g... writes:

> Since ODivaTina mentioned Marilyn Horne... Marilyn Horne was trained in the
> Swedish-Italian School of Singing by William Vennard, student then
> colleague of Alan R. Lindquest, who later taught David L. Jones, who later

What I understand about Horne is that she began her career after studying
with Vennard as a rather run-of-the-mill soprano, and it was her husband
(whose name I don't know and with whom she is not married anymore) who
developed her connection to her lower voice, and subsequently her
breakthrough as a power house mezzo.
TinaO

emusic.com