Vocalist.org archive

From:  Nancy Fontana <cantabella_nf@y...>
Nancy Fontana <cantabella_nf@y...>
Date:  Tue Jul 31, 2001  6:37 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Met Auditions

--- Kathryn Thickstun Leff <ktleff@h...>
wrote:

> eliminated the restriction on the number of
> times a singer can participate
> in the Met Auditions.
> So, you can audition as often as you like as
> long as you're within the age

I agree with Michael and Karen about the age
thing. Many people like myself (for instance)
took quite a bit of time away from singing to
raise our children ( in my case, single -
parenting). I found it impossible to continue
singing just as my voice was coming into its
prime. I am now singing again and am getting
raves that I should be singing with the
local Opera companies which would be just
wonderful. Some folks tell me I should be'
singing at the Met.....I smile and say thank you
for the strokes!!!
Nancy

=====
Nancy Fontana