Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Nande" <denanny@h...>
"Nande" <denanny@h...>
Date:  Mon Jul 30, 2001  7:20 am
Subject:  My debut!

Dear List,

Last weekend, I have made my performance debut. I have sung in public
before, but that was mainly 'spielerei', so not very serious and never
all on my own.
Last saturday, my best friend got married. I sang at the church, no
less! I was sooooooooo nervous! I was shaking all over, mixed up some
words, but nobody noticed anything!

There were about 100-125 people in that church, a lot of them I knew,
but most were strangers to me. The song I sang was vocally not very
demanding, but considering the fact that both the bride and groom have
lost a parent and have a special place in their hearts for this song
because of that, made it really difficult!
(The song was 'papa, can you hear me' from 'Yentl')

The best part was afterwards, at the reception and party, I think
every single person who was in that church came to me and complimented
me on my singing. They thought I was a professional and most of them
cried when I sang. (Because of emotions, I hope! ;) )
The groom was only able to hug me, he too couldn't stop crying...

WOW! Now I DEFINATELY know that this is what I want!! This has made
such an impact on me, I will NEVER forget it!

Just wanted to share this with you.....

Nande
(who still can't stop thinking about it....)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13366 Re: My debut! Vicki Bryant   Mon  7/30/2001   2 KB

emusic.com