Vocalist.org archive

From:  LYNDA313@a...
LYNDA313@a...
Date:  Sun Jul 29, 2001  4:05 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Songs in English for soprano

In a message dated 7/29/01 11:51:41 AM, sopran@a... writes:

<< I am thinking about putting together an all-English language program,
and would welcome suggestions of perhaps lesser known songs, not arias,
that would be suitable for a big lyric with a really good pianissimo
(especially on high notes).

Really beautiful, melodic pieces preferred--I am trying to make this a very
accessible progam, but I am willing to consider any style, period or
composer. >>

Vocalisters, perhaps this is the time to just share something with you, and
to hope it is not considered advertising, but rather a suggestion of
repertoire, particularly in this case. Robert Nelson, composer, has set some
lyrics which I wrote, and the result is BLUEBEARD'S DOORS, a song cycle for
soprano and piano, texts inspired by the Bluebeard legend. It is now
available online on a print-on-demand basis. Here are the particulars:

BLUEBEARD'S DOORS
by Robert Nelson, b. 1941; Poetry by Lynda Lacy

Song cycle for soprano and piano

Catalog No. CVR 3293

Selling Agent:
Classical Vocal Reprints
Riverdale, NY
Email: ClasVocRep@a...
www.classicalvocalrep.com

I hope that this song cycle can be a valuable addition to Judy's or any other
soprano's repertoire. I am aware of at least one complete performance of the
work, and if anyone wants details about that, please feel free to e-mail me
at: LYNDA313@a...

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Lynda Lacy

Lynda Lacy, Vocal Music
Hilton Head Preparatory School
Hilton Head Island, SC

"Allow your voice to serve the music, not the other way around." - B. R.
Henson

<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/lynda313/myhomepage/profile.html">Lynda and
the Fine Arts</A>

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13357 Re: Songs in English for soprano Deal Diva Laura   Mon  7/30/2001   3 KB
13361 Re: Songs in English for soprano Imthurn Melinda   Mon  7/30/2001   2 KB
13363 Re: Songs in English for soprano Deal Diva Laura   Mon  7/30/2001   3 KB
13374 Re: Songs in English for soprano Canteclada   Mon  7/30/2001   2 KB
13362 career change affecting singing Imthurn Melinda   Mon  7/30/2001   2 KB

emusic.com