Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Sat Jul 28, 2001  5:59 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] OTW: humans - an introduced species?

michael,

i have to disagree with you on whether or not my post is off topic (btw,
'otw' stands for 'off the wall'). (to be off topic, there is an assumption
that there is a topic. currently, there is no topic other than 'alphabet
soup, was: suck-up' ). but, even if there were a current topic appropriate
to this forum, my plan was to tie my current post into a follow up discussion
of a song by the los angeles punk band fear that says "there's far too many
of us, let's have a war" (i'm currently arranging this for mezzo-soprano,
trumpet and pipe organ).

beyond the lame excuses listed above, quantumly speaking, there is no
such thing as 'off topic'. if one assumes that the manipulation of an
electron on one side of the universe directly affects its twin on the other
side of the universe, then the more apparently a post is 'off topic', the
more pertinently 'on topic' it is.

and further beyond that even more ridiculous excuse, in times of a lull
in the discussion, we have the oppurtunity to explore the underlying concerns
or even just the silly muses ( as is in my case ) of those who sing. after
all, unless we have psyches to back up our voices, we aren't worth listening
to.

lastly, and perhaps dissappointing to you, my post was just me being
silly. i used to care about the environement. i consider the situation
hopeless and have thrown in the towel. fear was right.

mike

emusic.com