Vocalist.org archive

From:  omigurt@a...
Date:  Tue May 2, 2000  5:29 pm
Subject:  Re: Resurrection Symphony

In a message dated 5/2/00 6:35:51 AM, Dean Macy wrote:

<<Mahlar wrote the symphony for single orchestra and soloists. There are many
arrangements of his Symphony #2. The one we did with the Mormon Tabernacle
and
Southern California Mormon choirs and the Utah Symphony called for massive
chorus (520) a symphony with triple percussion and horns (placed on top of the
mountain behind the audience) and eight soloists who usually sang in duos. If
you ever get the opportunity to hear it like this, go for it. You'll think
you've gone to heaven.

Gadzooks! Fascinating...I had no idea! Is it recorded? I would love to
hear it, as this Symphony is one of my favorites. I just heard it the other
night at Symphony Hall in Boston. Delicious!

Naomi

emusic.com