Vocalist.org archive

From:  peggyh@i...
peggyh@i...
Date:  Wed Jul 25, 2001  5:40 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] virus alert, and why there's not much mail

Candace wrote:
<< Hello friends,
One of our members wrote me yesterday wondering why she hadn't gotten much
mail>>

Your back-up list moderator here....

A number of members have had problem with mail. I made an inquiry of
Yahoogroups and learned that there is a problem with AOL and mail from yahoo
groups getting directed to the correct account. So any lister should first
check with his/her service provider. Listers with specific problems should
also e-mail me directly <peggyh@i...>, and I can check your account
also e-mail me directly <peggyh@i...>, and I can check your account
status at yahoogroups.

Anyone who wants to see if there is mail coming to the list but not to the
user's acocunt can see all list messages at the yahoogroups web site for
vocalist-temporary. If you haven't used that site before, you may need to
register and get a password, but then you can read list messages and manage
your subscription (and check if there are any "bounces" on your account) at the
web site.

In addition, I don't believe yahoogroups sends any attachments through the
mailing list, so you shouldn't have to worry about list messages carrying
programs with viruses. However, if you get a message which "appears" to be a
list message and has an attachment, it's always safer not to open the
attachment. My policy is I don't open any attachment unless I know exactly
what it is. If the message is from a friend and I'm not expecting it, I return
e-mail my friend and ask if the attachment is OK to open. Which discourages my
friends from sending me "junk" attachments, which I don't mind in the least!

Peggy

---
mailto:peggyh@i...

emusic.com