Vocalist.org archive

From:  "John Messmer, M.D." <jjm23@p...>
"John Messmer, M.D." <jjm23@p...>
Date:  Sun Jul 22, 2001  11:47 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] MED: Air Purifiers

I'm not convinced the negative ions have any effects. Theoretically,
they make dust particle charged so they stick to surfaces by static
electricity, thus clearing the air. But when they give up their charge,
they go back to the air.

A HEPA filter is the best option. Be certain the model you purchase has
the capability of clearing the room. The model should indicate how many
cubic feet of air it can handle. Then she must keep the doors and
windows closed as much as possible to prevent the entry of more
particles.

John

John Messmer, M.D., Assistant Professor of Family & Community Medicine
Penn State Hershey Medical Center