Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
leskayc@a...
Date:  Sun Jul 22, 2001  8:39 pm
Subject:  MED: Air Purifiers

Dear List,
Somehow I think this may have been covered before, but since I can't remember
the outcome of the discussion please bear with me......My daughter leaves in
3 weeks to go to college. The freshman dorm is a documented "sick"
building-very poor ventilation, and is carpeted. You walk in and smell the
mold and mildew. She, of course, is a soprano with horrible allergies, so I
can imagine she will be sick for the next year. I am looking into buying
some type of air purifier for her room, and am most interested in the
negative ion generators that also emit a low level of ozone-supposedly these
are better at taking molds and odors out of the air than the HEPA filters.
Does anyone have any experience/knowledge about these things? I have found
loads of info praising the "ionizers," but also one article that states that
they are all hooey and not worth the money. We need to buy something soon
and I want to get what will work. It is hard enough for your kid to leave
without having to worry about her being sick all the time!!!!!

Thanks,
Leslie

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13292 Re: MED: Air Purifiers John Messmer, M.D.   Sun  7/22/2001   3 KB

emusic.com