Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
Date:  Tue May 2, 2000  2:37 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: body mapping

In a message dated 05/01/2000 1:27:04 PM Central Daylight Time,
DCLARK@r... writes:

<< I was at last summer's
NATS workshop in Boulder, where we studied Body Mapping (new to me, and I
loved it!), Alexander, and Dalcroze. Many of the voice teachers/singers
there
found it somewhat difficult to get themselves into balance, after having been
taught forever to hold the chest up, shoulders back, etc. >>

My teacher was at this workshop, and we did a Body Mapping unit as part of
our performance class last fall and winter. It is different, so many of us
are taught to hold our sternums up etc..., but after working these principles
I have lost a lot of tension in my singing but perhaps the greatest thing is
that my neck doesn't ache all the time like it used to! Also, my lower back
troubles are much better.

Leslie

emusic.com