Vocalist.org archive

From:  Vicki Bryant <MezzoNotte@e...>
Vicki Bryant <MezzoNotte@e...>
Date:  Wed Jul 18, 2001  6:24 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Career change

Tuesday, July 17, 2001, 2:58:51 AM, Imthurn Melinda wrote:

IM> I would love to hear from any of you who can share
IM> your experiences on this one. I have come to the
IM> exciting decision to make my living outside of music.
IM> There are many reasons for this, some of which I will
IM> share here because I would like to hear opinions and
IM> experiences from all of you wise folks!

Reasons why I prefer being a voice teacher and free-lance singer to
being a cash applications manager in corporate America:

1. I can make as much money working 30 hrs a week as I used to make
working 50 hrs a week.

2. I don't have to work before noon unless I want to.

3. I don't have to ask permission to take a day off.

4. I decide when I get a raise.

5. I don't have to work with anyone unless I choose to (which may be
for a number of reasons, including political, but it's always my
choice).

6. I get to make music all day long!

7. I don't have to wear business attire.

8. I don't have to deal with rush hour traffic.

9. CDs and scores are tax-deductible.

10. Cash applications management drained me and left me stressed.
Music energizes me and renews me.

That's just my story. To each his own.

Vicki Bryant mailto:MezzoNotte@e...
Naperville, IL