Vocalist.org archive

From:  Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@m...>
Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@m...>
Date:  Tue Jul 17, 2001  4:04 pm
Subject:  re: Career change & bombed audition...AHA!

Melinda,

Congratulations on all the wonderful (and difficult!) personal growth you
are achieving right now! It takes such courage to change career paths and
to face all those confusing feelings about one's destiny; brava to you for
confronting yourself so honestly and for sharing it with the rest of us.
You really are an inspiration, regardless of your chosen path.

It seems to me that you might have bombed the audition precisely because
you were doing it to try to please your teacher, a motivation that you now
realize is no longer useful for you. The feeling of let-down that you have
about the audition is probably commingled with some leftover feelings about
being a full-time singer.

Pat yourself on the back for having the courage to make your life work for
*you* -- a lot of people never find that courage! You are my (s)hero for
today.

Naomi Gurt Lind

emusic.com