Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elisabeth Aileen Kisselstein" <elisabethkisselstein@h...>
"Elisabeth Aileen Kisselstein" <elisabethkisselstein@h...>
Date:  Tue Jul 17, 2001  2:04 pm
Subject:  Grow Old With Me (was: baritone wedding rep.)

Thanks to the two vocalisters who corrected me on the title of Grow Old
With Me by John Lennon(I knew one of the Beatles fit in there somehow : ).

For the vocalister interested in the key of my sheet music: I did manage to
find my collection of wedding music and it is indeed in the key of G Major.
Both organists that I have worked with were able to sight-transpose; and we
knew about the weddings and the musical requests months in advance, so we
just put the piece into the key of E Major and I sang where the music was
written. A mezzo-soprano student I had who was interested in working on
wedding music worked on it in the key of D Major, and I just wrote in the
correct chord names and just improvised a similar accompaniment for her
lessons. (I'm really not **that** good an improviser - its just a simple
enough piece for me to do that with.) Thanks for reminding me that I need to
rewrite this out so anyone can play it.

I second Karen's recommendation of "The Wedding Song". I realize many get
frustrated with singing it a lot, but the text is beautiful and
congregations seem to love it. (I actually don't mind singing it)

Lisa
elisabethkisselstein@h...
elisabethkisselstein@h...