Vocalist.org archive

From:  dramadiva2002@y...
dramadiva2002@y...
Date:  Mon Jul 16, 2001  7:54 pm
Subject:  Re: Bombing an audition...

One more thing... I went back and rerad your post. I just reread this
paragraph and it got me wondering. Could it be that you were feeling
at all insecure about the information your teacher has been giving
you? Maybe you had mixed feelings? Maybe on some level, could it be
you're actually angry with him/her for sending on an audition you
felt mixed about??? I don't know.... I'm fishing. Just something to
think about. When you figure it out you'll feel better. I promise.

I once had a mentor who has mentored many famous divas say the
following to me after I'd had a lousy audition. I called her up in
bitter frustrated tears. "Oh honey," she said almost laughing, "it
won't be the first and it certainly won't be the last. It happens.
Don't cry." She wasn't being mean, she was being honest.

Chin up,
DS